This is the second Raspberry Pi I’ve bought, this one is for school projects. The really neat feature is that it has built-in WiFi.
- Download NOOBS and copy onto a MicroSD card
- Put in the MicroSD card and boot the RPi, then run the installer
- After a while, it restarts and you get the desktop. At this point it was easy just to join the home network and we’re done to this point
- At school, we set up a fixed IP address on a hidden wireless network, and used the MAC address to secure access to the network
- Proxy settings needed to be added
- Now, to run some updates. First apt-get update, then apt-upgrade
- Install vncserver so we can connect remotely using Chicken of the VNC
Now it’s time to tackle some specific jobs we need for projects.
- I used this article IoT: Raspberry Pi Robot with Video Streamer and Pan/Tilt camera remote control over internet to install lighttpd so now we have a simple web server running on the Pi . I wrote a simple page in Nano to test that it works